We just finished the Thanksgiving Holiday. During that time, Bill and I always take time to reflect and be grateful for the people that have poured into our lives with wisdom and ideas and the experiences in which we were exposed. I thought it would be a great idea for us to share our gratitude list for Orlando. I am truly grateful to live in such a great place. The people are friendly, there is so much to do and see. Review our list below. We hope it causes you to be grateful for this fantastic city. Five Reasons We are Grateful for Orlando
1. The Theme Parks. I love the large parks Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld. They are always coming up with something new. I also love parks like The Holy Land Experience, Fun Spot, Gatorland, WonderWorks and Ripley's Believe It or Not! They all can add to a family's amusement.
2. The accessibility to the Beaches. The great thing about Orlando is that you can be consumed with the Theme Parks, but you can also take a short drive to the beaches. There are great beaches to the east (including Cocoa Beach, New Smyrna, Melbourne or Daytona). To the west you have the beautiful beaches of Clearwater, Siesta Key, Caladesi Island State Park just to name a few. With beautiful sand and breathtaking views, what's not to love?
3. The Shopping. Let me just say that people come from all over the world to shop in Orlando. The shopping is not just good, it is great! I love the malls (The Florida Mall and Mall at Millenia). I also love the outlet malls (Premium outlet mall on International Drive and Apopka Vineland are great). There are so many other shopping areas, you just need to get our guide.
4. The Food. I love the local restaurants you can find in communities like Mills 50 (Downtown Orlando) and Winter Park. You can also dine lavishly on Restaurant Row (Sand Lake Road), where you can find most cuisines. Let me also mention the food at the theme parks are amazing. Finally, check out the food tracks throughout the city. My friend, Jackie Wilson, just opened her first food truck, Eat My Treat. Visit her website and find out where she will be next. You must try her desserts. They are amazing.
5. The people. Disney is known for its outstanding service, but there is something energizing about the people from Orlando. Every where I go I am shocked by the hospitality, sevice and friendliness.
I hope these five things made you apprciate Orlando as much as we do.