If you like to be frightened, there are a few options to get your blood pressure going in Orlando. One option is attending Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights, open on select nights September 19 - November 1st. This year, Halloween Horror Nights takes after the famous AMC TV show, The Walking Dead. Universal does an outstanding job making the zombies come back to life. While in the theme park, you will be frightened by zombies and other creatures. Come prepared to scream. Here are a few tips to help you get the most of your Halloween Horror Night Experience:
2. Upgrade your ticket. There are two options for upgrades: Express Pass (which allows you to get through the line faster) or the more expensive RIP Tour (this upgrade option allows you to bypass all the lines and receive a lights-on tour of the park.
3. When you enter the park, go to the haunted houses to the right (near the terminator ride). Most people go towards the left and the lines are long for the haunted houses. Go in reverse order and save time, not scares. There are eight different haunted houses, including Halloween, Alien vs. Predator and The Walking Dead.
4. Enjoy some Universal Rides. The following rides are open during Halloween Horror Nights:
- TRANSFORMERS: THE RIDE-3D
- HOLLYWOOD RIP RIDE ROCKIT®
- REVENGE OF THE MUMMY®
- MEN IN BLACK™ ALIEN ATTACK™
- DESPICABLE ME MINION MAYHEM
- THE SIMPSONS RIDE™
5. Go back often. I have friends that attend Halloween Horror Nights annually. They say that it gets better (or more scary) the closer you get to Halloween.
6. Universal Orlando's Annual Pass holders get perks. Premium Annual Pass holders receive a FREE extra ticket to be used on the first three weekends. Annual Pass holders also receive early access to three houses from 5:15-6:30pm on select nights. RSVP is required.
7. Book your tickets early. Halloween Horror Nights anticipates hundreds of thousands of guests and tickets do sell out.
Let us know how you enjoyed your experience at Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights. Use the hashtags #theorlandotravelguide and #HHN24